Patrick Thomas: Creator Of The Learn Photo Editing Course
Patrick Thomas was born in Waterloo, Liverpool in 1965. He studied at Central Saint Martins School of Art and The Royal College of Art. In 1991 he relocated to Barcelona where in 1997 he founded Studio laVista, a multidisciplinary art space, silkscreen press and archive. Currently he lives and works in Berlin and Barcelona. In 2005, he was as elected a member of Alliance Graphique Internationale (AGI). Since October 2013 he is a professor of kommunikationsdesign at Staatliche Akademie der Bildenden Künste Stuttgart. He is the creator of the video courses “Learn Photo Editing“. His personal website is patrickthomas.com .
He has been described by Steven Heller as an ‘iconographiste,’ combining iconic images to create a powerful message and make them his own. In 2009, Khoi Vinh (former Design Director of New York Times) described his work as ‘gorgeously screened, conceptually challenging graphic art as commentary.’
In recent years he has exhibited his limited-edition silkscreens worldwide including solo and collective exhibitions at the New York Times, the International Center of Photography and the School of Visual Arts in New York, the Nelly Duff Gallery and the Victoria & Albert Museum in London, the Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona and the Palau de la Virreina in Barcelona, the Narrows Gallery in Melbourne, the Salvador Dalí Museum in Florida, theSantralistanbul Contemporary Art Center in Istanbul, the Museum für Gestaltung in Zurich, the Triennale di Milano inMilan, the Tropenmuseum in Amsterdam, the Museum für Angewandte Kunst in Frankfurt, and the Ginza Graphic Gallery in Tokyo.
- Bewick’s Fox (2010)
- The British Isles (Foxes) (2009)
- Heart/Target 1 (2009)
- Africa (2008)
- Shot Coke can (2008)
- UK Gun Crime (2008)
- Skull/Missiles (2008)
- Peace (Israel-Palestine) (2007)
- Kalashnikovs/Rickenbackers (2007)
- Che (2006)
- Kalashnikovs & Rickenbackers (2005)
- Learn photo editing video courses (present)
Thomas’ work has been featured in political publications such as Head to Head: Political Portraits, edited by Museum of Design Zürich
- “Saatchi Online Artist Profile: Patrick Thomas; Barcelona, Spain saatchionline.com/profiles”. Saatchionline.com. Retrieved 2011-03-01.
- “Patrick Thomas”. Patrick Thomas. Retrieved 2011-03-01.
- “Patrick Thomas at The New York Times”. Subtraction.com. Retrieved 2011-03-01.
- “Patrick Thomas”. Patrick Thomas. 2011-01-01. Retrieved 2011-03-01.
- Kinsley, Michael (2006-11-05). “Election Day”. The New York Times.
- Raban, Jonathan (2007-05-20). “The Nuclear Threat”. The New York Times.
- Rosen, Jeffrey (2008-01-13). “Say What You Will”. The New York Times.
- Junger, Sebastian (2010-04-01). “The Vietnam Wars: ‘Matterhorn’”. The New York Times.
- Trussoni, Danielle (2010-04-01). “The Vietnam Wars: ‘The Lotus Eaters’”. The New York Times.
- “Rebranding Africa”. The New York Times. 2009-07-10.
- The New York Timeshttp://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/11/22/opinion/23oped_ready/popup.jpg.
- Agha, Hussein; Malley, Robert (2009-08-11). “The Two-State Solution Doesn’t Solve Anything”. The New York Times.